Apple Butter Cheesecake is a no-bake cheesecake made with a graham cracker crust filled with a creamy cheesecake and apple butter swirl. Be sure to check out my other no-bake recipes for more tasty desserts!
Apple Butter Cheesecake
The star of this cheesecake is the homemade apple butter swirl that blends beautifully with the smooth and creamy filling. This is an easy and flavorful dessert to make, and there is no need to turn on the oven!
Crust: To make the crust, it is just a matter of combining graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter. You could also use a store-bought graham cracker crust, but keep in mind that those will not have the added cinnamon flavor.
Apple Butter: You can use storebought, or you can make homemade apple butter.
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Pre-Crushed vs Crushing Yourself
The quality of store-bought graham cracker crumbs has changed in the last few years and they seem to be less flavorful and have a different texture. When possible, I recommend the full sheets of honey-flavored graham crackers and crushing them yourself or utilizing a food processor.
How to Store Apple Butter Cheesecake
This dessert can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Freeze Cheesecake
- Place the cheesecake (uncovered) in the freezer for about an hour.
- After the hour in the freezer, take the cheesecake out of the pan (you may have to pry it out with a knife), and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped cheesecake into a zipped freezer bag or wrap it in aluminum foil. Be sure to label and date the cheesecake. It will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
Apple Butter Cheesecake
- 16 full graham cracker sheets, crushed (about 3 cups)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (476 g) heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 g) apple butter
- Spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. Add the melted butter to the crumbs. Using a fork, mix well. (You want every crumb coated in the butter as this will be the glue that holds it together.)
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into the sprayed springform pan. Pat them flat with your hand and then use a kitchen glass to press flatter. Start at the center and work out to and up the sides. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed with a hand-held mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the heavy cream and lemon juice and beat for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes fluffier.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
- Top with dollops of apple butter. Using a knife or offset spatula, swirl the apple butter into the filling, being careful not to scrape the crust.
- Refrigerate until the filling is firm and cold, about 6 hours to overnight, before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.