Best Ever Pumpkin Bread is a moist and flavorful bread full of pumpkin flavor that is as easy to make as it is delicious! Be sure to check out my other quick bread recipes!
Best Ever Pumpkin Bread
The fall season means pumpkin spice season, at least to a lot of people! This bread will satisfy your pumpkin spice craving, and it is so easy to make. This pumpkin bread has a fairly dense crumb and would be delicious paired with a cup of coffee or as a snack any time of the day.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
With a few simple ingredients and spices, you can have this loaf of bread baked and ready to slice and share.
Pure Pumpkin: Make sure you are using a pure pumpkin (also known as pumpkin puree), not pumpkin pie filling.
Orange Juice: The orange juice in the bread adds a bright and refreshing flavor. You could substitute apple juice, apple cider, or water for the orange juice in a pinch, but that would affect the flavor.
Molasses: Adding molasses to the bread gives the bread a chewier texture and makes it moist. Some readers have suggested maple syrup as a substitution.
Can I Use Sweet Potato?
Sure! Readers have said that this is a great substitution. You can either use a 15-ounce can of sweet potato puree (pure sweet potato) or you can make your own puree following the instructions below.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Wash and dry 2 medium sweet potatoes. Using a fork, pierce the potatoes all over.
- Place in the oven and roast for around 50 mins or until the potato is wrinkled.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool for around 10 minutes, peel the potato and place the flesh in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
How to Freeze Pumpkin Bread
You will want to make sure you allow it to cool completely. Just wrap the bread tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and place it in a heavy-duty freezer bag. If you prefer not to use foil directly on your bread, wrap it tightly with parchment paper, then place that into a sealable plastic bag. Be sure to label and date. It will last about 3 months in the freezer.
To thaw bread, take it out of the freezer and set it on the counter. Allow it to reach room temperature before you take it out of its packaging.
Best Ever Pumpkin Bread
- 1¾ cups (219 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (109 g) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin,
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Combine with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, molasses, pumpkin puree, and orange juice with a hand mixer on medium-low.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient. Mix on low to medium-low just until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs, but no wet batter. Cool and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.