This amazing dessert is as easy as it is delicious. I made my own Angel Food Cake, but you can certainly buy store-bought to save yourself time! This dessert is soft and creamy. It tastes like angel food cake in one bite, blueberry pie filling in the next, and lemon pudding in the next! If you love desserts with blueberry and lemon, you will definitely like this easy option. Want the best desserts for your get-together? Try my Piggy Pie Dessert, Banana Split Fluff, or Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert!
Blueberry Lemon Heaven Cake
Moving forward, any dessert that used angel food cake can call itself heaven. Can I get an amen? 😂This dessert couldn’t be easier and tastes pretty darn good. I decided to show you step-by-step how I put it together, just in case you are a visual learner like me. 🙂
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Start by cutting up your angel food cake into cubes. This can get messy as those glorious crumbs like to stick to everything, so just take your time and try to cut uniform pieces. Prepare your lemon pudding, open a can of blueberry pie filling, and open a container of cool whip. You are halfway done at this point!
- Place half the angel food cubes into a 9×13 casserole dish. No need to spray it with non-stick spray.
3. Now take half of your blueberry pie filling and drop dollops over the angel food cake cubes. Take a small offset spatula and spread out the blueberry pie filling.
4. Place the remaining angel food cake cubes on top of the blueberry filling. Try to get an even layer.
5. Spread the lemon pudding over top of the angel food cake. Spread it out as evenly as you can with a small offset spatula.
6. Now cover the pudding with the whipped topping. I did the “dollop” method again so that I could try and get an even layer as possible.
If you want to make a homemade whipped topping, feel free. However, when I am making a dessert with store-bought pudding mix and store-bought pie filling I find that the subtle beauty of a homemade whipped topping can get lost. So cool whip it is!
7. Take the remaining blueberry pie filling and make dollops on top of the whipped topping. Using your offset spatula again, spread it out as evenly as possible. Pop it into the fridge for a few hours and you are done!
Can I Make This Without Lemon Zest?
Yes! As you can see I added some fresh lemon zest to the top of the dessert. I didn’t like the sharp citrus zing that it brought to this dessert, but my husband did, so I left it as an “optional” ingredient.
How Does Blueberry Lemon Dessert Taste?
Just like you would imagine. 😂It’s soft and creamy. It tastes like angel food cake in one bite, blueberry pie filling in the next, and lemon pudding in the next! If you love desserts with blueberry and lemon, you will definitely like this easy option.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
Sure! This is best served cold, so making it the night before would be ideal. Then, it is ready to go when guests arrive the next day! I would not make this more than a day in advance and do not recommend freezing the dessert.
Blueberry Lemon Heaven Dessert
- 1 whole angel food cake, homemade or store-bought
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1½ cups (368 g) milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 8 ounces whipped topping, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- Cut angel food cake into cubes. (This was by far the most time-consuming part of the entire recipe. Take your time and use a good serrated knife!)
- In a large bowl combine lemon pudding, milk, and sour cream. Using a hand-held mixer, beat on medium-high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
Assemble the Dessert
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange ½ of the angel food cake cubes in a layer.
- Drop half of the blueberry pie filling over top of the angel food cake cubes.
- Cover the blueberry filling with the remaining angel food cake.
- Spoon lemon pudding over the cake and spread evenly.
- Drop the whipped topping in dollops over the pudding layer. Using an offset spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Carefully spread the remaining blueberry pie filling over the whipped topping. Garnish with lemon zest (optional).
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Serve cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Im so glad and happy about im a baker.im happy i tried it like name it tastes like heaven
I have made this dish for company and it was a hit. My question is can you make it the night before
Hi, Neva! I work with iambaker and am happy to help with questions. Yes, you can certainly get this dessert made the night before. I would only store it overnight, however, and not much longer than that. I hope this helps, and have a great day!
Can the sour cream be omitted?
One the blueberry lemon can you use the lemon pudding you cook not instant pudding?