These are the perfect snacking sandwich. These tangy and spicy buffalo chicken sliders are the perfect appetizer. If you like these, make sure to check out my Buffalo Chicken Bombs, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
There are a couple of elements in this buffalo chicken slider recipe that really make it special. The seasoned butter, the sweet Hawaiian Rolls, and the Rotisserie Chicken. Combined, these three things make this simple slider recipe a knockout.
Buffalo Sauce: Make your own buffalo sauce for the most flavor! If buying from the store, check labels so you don’t grab hot sauce instead.
Hawaiian Rolls-This bread is always perfectly soft and just enough sweet that you could use it as a compliment to both sweet and savory dishes. I even have a homemade Hawaiian Rolls recipe if you want to make your own!
Chicken–Rotisserie Chicken is used in this buffalo chicken slider recipe. You could definitely use cooked, shredded chicken breasts or thighs instead.
Seasoned Butter-The butter is melted and then seasoned with garlic salt and Italian seasoning before being brushed on the buns. I’ll usually have a little left over so I sometimes use this when everything is done just to have one extra layer of the buttery goodness.
What to Serve with Sliders
How to Make Sliders Ahead of Time
These sliders can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for up to three months. Simply assemble the sandwiches according to the recipe, but hold off on adding the butter topping. Wrap the sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap and freeze. When you are ready, take them out of the freezer, bring them to room temp, and add the butter and you are ready to bake!
How to Store Sliders
These are best eaten the day you make them, but if you have leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I like to wrap them in aluminum foil and then place them in a sealable plastic bag. When you are ready to reheat, I recommend the air fryer or oven for best results. The microwave works, but the bread will be soggy.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the chicken, ranch, cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Split your rolls in half, and place the bottom half in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread chicken mixture on bottom half of rolls
- Place the top half of the buns on top and brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minute
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the tops of the sliders turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.