No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Bars start with an Oreo cookie crust that is filled with a chocolate cherry cheesecake filling and topped with more chocolate chips. If you love the combination of chocolate and cherry, be sure to check out my Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake.
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Bars Ingredients
Oreo Cookies: For the crust, crush 24 Oreo cookies, including the filling. I like to use a food processor to get the finest crumb.
Cream Cheese: It’s very important to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before using. This will give you a smooth and creamy consistency for the perfect cheesecake texture.
Pie Filling: A can of cherry pie filling (<– homemade version option) is all you need for that cherry flavor.
Whipped Topping: Whipped topping, like cool whip, is used to give the cheesecake light and fluffy consistency, so be sure to fold it in gently in the last step. If you don’t have any on hand, make your own homemade whipped topping.
How to Store & Freeze Chocolate Cherry Bars
To store these chocolate cherry bars, cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze the bars, first cut the bars into individual squares. (This helps if you want to remove individual pieces from the freezer.) place the baking dish in the freezer until the filling is solid. Once frozen, wrap them with aluminum foil or place the bars in an airtight container. The bars can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to label and date.
To thaw frozen bars, transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Or, you can place the frozen bars on the counter at room temperature for a few hours to thaw. If you have sliced the bars into individual servings before freezing, they will thaw faster by placing them on a plate at room temperature.
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup (½ stick, 57 g) butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Spray a 7×11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add Oreo cookies to a food processor and crush until you have a fine crumb and very few larger pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour crust into the prepared baking dish and firmly press to the edges.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the confectioners' sugar and cherry pie filling. Beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup for the topping.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping. Pour the filling mixture into the prepared cookie crust, spreading it out to form an even layer.
- Top with the remaining mini chocolate chips and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until the filling is firm and cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.