Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream is both chocolate and vanilla ice cream with pieces of homemade brownies and edible chocolate chip cookie dough. You will be using half of my vanilla no-churn and chocolate no-churn ice cream recipes to get started.
Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream
Ice Cream Ingredients
Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy cream will be whipped into stiff peaks; then, it will be equally divided into two bowls–one for vanilla ice cream and one for chocolate ice cream.
Chocolate: For the chocolate ice cream, you will need semi-chocolate chips and cocoa powder. I prefer Dutch-processed cocoa powder for richer, darker chocolate. However, you could use regular unsweetened cocoa powder.
Edible Cookie Dough: You can buy edible cookie dough to use in the ice cream; or, make your own!
Brownies: Again, like the cookie dough, you can add store-bought brownies to the ice cream, or make a homemade batch.
How to Assemble Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream
Once you have both the chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixtures ready, it’s time to pour them into the chilled loaf pan. Using both hands (one flavor of ice cream in each hand), simultaneously pour the two into the pan.
After pouring the ice cream into the pan, top it with both the brownie and cookie dough pieces. Using a spatula or knife, swirl all of the ingredients together. Place the pan in the freezer to chill.
What Does Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream Taste Like?
If you have ever had Ben and Jerry’s ‘Half Baked’® Ice Cream, you know what to expect when you take a bite of this frozen treat. Half chocolate, half vanilla, with the fudgy brownies and cookie dough. But, all of the parts of this ice cream can be made by you!
Can I Make Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can easily make the brownies and the cookie dough ahead of time. In fact, rolling the cookie dough into little balls is probably the most time-consuming part of the recipe. The cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. And, the brownies will last at room temperature for a couple of days after being baked.
Can I Make this with Only Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream?
Sure! If you don’t want to split the ice cream flavors between chocolate and vanilla, simply use your favorite. For chocolate ice cream, you will need to use 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup cocoa powder in the written recipe. If making only vanilla ice cream, simply leave out the chocolate chips and cocoa.
How to Store No-Churn Ice Cream
Yes, there are fancy and specific ice cream containers you could buy, but you could also use containers you have on hand. Here are some options:
- Freezer-safe container
- An old ice cream bucket (Just be sure to wash it out well and place a layer of plastic wrap on the top of the ice cream before adding the lid.)
- A loaf pan (like the one in which you chilled the batch of ice cream) However, be sure to cover it with plastic wrap if you are going to keep it in the pan.
- Pie plate–Again, just be sure to cover the top of the ice cream with plastic wrap.
Cookie Dough Brownie Ice Cream
- 2 cups (476 g) heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup (56 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup edible cookie dough, rolled into bite-sized balls of dough
- 1 cup brownies, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Place a 9×5-inch loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream. Start mixing at the lowest speed, and then gradually increase speed to medium until the cream starts to get thicker. (The gradual progression prevents you from spraying yourself with cream.)
- The cream will thicken and start to peak. Mix on high speed until the cream is thick and stiff. This happens quickly, so watch it closely!
- Divide the whipped cream into two bowls, 2 cups in each bowl. One bowl will be chocolate ice cream and one will be vanilla.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring in between until creamy.
- To the melted chocolate, add cocoa powder, about ½ cup of the sweetened condensed milk, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, a pinch of salt, and ½ cup of whipped cream from the first bowl. Gently fold the chocolate mixture back into the rest of the whipped cream in the first bowl. Set aside.
Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a separate medium bowl, add the remaining sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and ½ cup of the whipped cream from the second bowl. Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture back into the whipped cream in the second bowl.
- Carefully pour both the chocolate and vanilla mixtures into the chilled loaf pan at the same time.
- Top with the cookie dough balls and brownie pieces.
- Using a spatula or knife, swirl all of the ingredients together.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours, or until fully set up, before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.