Two Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse is a rich and decadent white chocolate dessert topped with whipped cream and white chocolate curls. This smooth and creamy dessert is made with just two ingredients and is as pretty as it is delicious to eat! For another white chocolate treat, try my White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge.
Two Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse
As soon as I made my Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse, I knew I had to make a white chocolate version, still sticking to just two ingredients. The final result is again, a light and whipped texture that makes you want to savor every bite! It is such an elegant dessert, I felt like I should eat it daintily and slowly. But, nope! No one was here to judge me, anyway.
Ingredients & Substitutions
White Chocolate Morsels: There are other options when it comes to white chocolate. White chocolate contains only cocoa butter, and no cocoa solids, which gives it a light color. But, there is no doubt that it adds sweetness to any dessert.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream, or heavy cream, is a liquid that is 36-40% fat. You cannot use milk in this recipe.
How to Serve White Chocolate Mousse
Once you have everything whipped and mixed together, divide the mousse into four serving glasses. I used lowball glasses, but ramekins, espresso cups, martini glasses, or any cute small bowls work just as well. Let the mousse chill for at least an hour (or even overnight) before serving. Top the chilled mousse with whipped cream or any toppings of your choice.
To get that pretty swirl of whipped cream, add the whipped cream to a piping bag with a 1M tip and build up your swirl. I made some white chocolate curls to add to my mousse just for that added flare😀. If you don’t want to make your own curls, you can find white chocolate curls on Amazon.
How to Store Mousse
We recommend storing your homemade mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no longer than 3 days. To keep your mousse fresh, cover it with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors. And don’t forget to label the container with the date of preparation.
More Mousse Recipes
Two Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, cold and divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat ½ cup of the heavy cream for 50 seconds (depending on microwave strength).
- Add the white chocolate chips to the cream and stir until the chips have melted. This will take 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a medium bowl. Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. (Optional: Store half the soft whipped cream into a small bowl and refrigerate it to use as a topping for the mousse.) Continue whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in half the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture with a large spatula. Gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or cocktail glasses (I used lowball glasses). Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight, before serving. Top with the reserved whip cream or cool whip and white chocolate shavings.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Can you stabilize the mousse so it can be piped on a cheesecake?
I love ur recipes can you please help me as I live in Netherlands so which cream I can use as over here heavy whipping cream is not available,thank you
Gewoon lekker de vetste slagroom die je kunt krijgen. Hier is dat iets ingewikkelder (I. De supermarkt kun je niet echt kiezen tussen percentages vet) maar werkt prima met vooor slagroom! Echt. Top recept!
Fabulous and easy!
Made this so many times already that it is high time to leave a reply and my thanks. Very easy and exactly right to my taste! Light. Not too sweet! Perfect! Thank you.