Fresh homemade banana curd is one of the best desserts a banana lover can try! Only takes minutes to make and can be served with so many things. No need to turn on the oven when your bananas go brown, just make this easy peasy banana curd! Love no bake treats? Try my Piggy Pie Dessert or Blueberry Lemon Heaven Dessert!
Homemade Banana Curd
So what is banana curd exactly? It is a smooth, utterly decadent and seriously amazing banana puree. Think the best banana pudding you have ever had. Or wanted to have.
I made everyone in my family try it as soon as possible and it was unanimous…this banana curd pudding is perfection. The best part? It’s EASY to make!
How to Make Banana Curd
Start with your ingredients:
- lemon juice
Simply add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Now add the banana puree to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until it thickens, anywhere from 5-10 minutes. I prefer to serve it chilled, but if you are making this for pancakes or waffles it can easily be served warm!
How Do You Serve Banana Curd?
I like to top mine with a dollop of whipped cream and a freshly sliced banana. I sliced and added the banana slice right before serving so that it wouldn’t get brown.
Tips for success:
You do not need a blender or food processor to make this, but it helps the pudding (curd) achieve a really smooth consistency.
Do not walk away from the banana curd while it is cooking! You could scald the bottom and have burnt curd. Crud. 😉
Adding a bit of whipped cream to the top is a great way to make this a “fancy” dessert, worthy of any elegant get-together! I personally like it after a grilled burger and skillet nachos, but that’s just me.
You can also put it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. But that’s just silly because the second you make it you will want to EAT IT ALL. Well, I did anyway.
If you enjoy bananas, have ever enjoyed banana pudding, or even are just open to trying new things; I cannot recommend this recipe enough!!
Fresh Banana Curd
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- In a blender or food processor, add eggs, butter, lemon juice, sugar and then bananas (in that order).
- Turn blender on high and blend until fully combined and silky smooth.
- If using food processor, start on low and then switch to high to achieve an extremely smooth consistency.
- Pour all ingredients into a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly for about 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of your spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. (Can refrigerate for 2-3 hours to expedite)
- Serve cool.
- Can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for 2 weeks. Makes about 4 cups.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.