Impossible Pumpkin Pie is an impossibly easy-to-make crustless pumpkin pie that forms its own crust while being baked. Try my Classic Pumpkin Pie if you are looking for a more traditional recipe.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie
This pie recipe is far from impossible; in fact, it’s one of the easiest pies you can make! There is no pie crust to make, and the ingredients are simply mixed together, poured into a pie plate, and baked. A delicate crust will form while baking, and the end result is a creamy, custardy pumpkin pie that is delicious on its own or topped with homemade whipped topping.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
Bisquick: Bisquick is a premade baking mix most commonly known to be used for pancakes and waffles. But, as in this recipe, it can be used in many more recipes! You can also purchase Gluten-Free Bisquick if you are trying to limit gluten.
Evaporated Milk: Evaporated milk is canned milk also known as unsweetened condensed milk. It does not contain added sugar like sweetened condensed milk. In a pinch, you could substitute half-and-half for the evaporated milk, but the taste of the pie will probably be richer (and we haven’t tested that substitute in the recipe).
Pumpkin Puree: Make sure you are using pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Of course, this recipe needs some pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have any on hand, it’s easy to make your own pumpkin spice!
Can I Use a Different Sized Pie Plate?
Yes! I used a deep, 8-inch pie plate for a thicker pie. You could also use a 9-inch or 10-inch pie plate. However, the pie will be thinner and you may have to adjust the baking time (checking the pie at about 45 minutes).
How to Store and Freeze Impossible Pie
Pumpkin pie should be refrigerated and if stored in an airtight container or covered well, should last 3-4 days.
- Let your pie cool completely.
- Tightly wrap with plastic wrap (so no whipped cream yet!) until it is well sealed. Then place in a freezer-safe sealable plastic bag or wrap it with aluminum.
- Label and date. It should last 2-3 months.
How to Thaw Frozen Pumpkin Pie
Remove the pie from the freezer and remove it from the plastic bag or aluminum foil. Place in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped topping, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a deep 8-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add sugar, bisquik, butter, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until well blended and smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving. This pie may be served warm or cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Will this work well for pumpkin pie squares?