I adore the texture of this frosting. It is truly one of the lightest and fluffiest buttercreams I have ever made! Four easy ingredients and a little mixing and you are ready for this dreamy, creamy Marshmallow Buttercream! For a classic buttercream recipe, try my American Buttercream Frosting.
This is one heckuva sweet frosting! Butter, sugar, almond extract, and marshmallow cream are all you need to make it… and those ingredients combined are absolutely sweet! Don’t be afraid by all that butter in there. I know I was before I tried it! But with the addition of the almond extract, it truly is delicious. Why almond extract? It truly is my secret ingredient in making frostings BETTER and absolutely lives up to its reputation in this recipe.
Uses for Marshmallow Buttercream
This buttercream lends itself so well to all varieties of sandwich cookies. Here is my Neapolitan Spritz Cookies, however, it would also be amazing with Peanut Butter Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookies! I used half of the recipe for my Salted Caramel Brownie Marshmallow Hi-Hats, too.
The BEST Marshmallow Buttercream
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (13 ounces) marshmallow creme or fluff
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium until butter is light and fluffy. (Can also use a stand mixer with paddle attachment.) About 2 minutes.
- Add in almond extract.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, about a ½ cup at a time. Once all is added, mix on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Once fully combined, gently fold the marshmallow creme into the frosting by hand. Can be used immediately or refrigerated until ready to use.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Don’t miss this frosting in my Ginger Sandwich Cookies!