My favorite egg salad has to have 2 important things: lots of eggs and lots of flavor! This recipe is simple enough yet SO good! Don’t forget to make some of my favorite Rice Krispy Bars for dessert! 🙂
How to Make Egg Salad
The most important part is the eggs, of course! Getting the perfect hard-boiled egg is easy if you follow this simple method.
How to Hard Boil Eggs
Add all eggs to a large pot. Cover with cool tap water. Set on the stove, turn to high heat, and then set a timer for 14 minutes. When the timer goes off, take the pot off the stove and place the eggs in cold water.
Egg Salad Sandwich
A classic egg salad for sandwiches is hard-boiled eggs + mayo and a little salt and pepper. Serve on bread and call it a day. My perfect egg salad sandwich is on a croissant. The bread you choose is entirely up to you.
How to Determine the Amount of Egg Salad to Make
Just in case you were wondering how much egg salad to make so you don’t have leftovers, try this ratio: 2-3 hard-boiled eggs per person. There’s a little wiggle room in the number of eggs because it depends on how many other ingredients are in the egg salad.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last
Egg salad will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Experts recommend that egg salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
My Favorite Egg Salad Sandwich
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot, for garnish (optional)
- Bread for Serving
- In a large pot, arrange the eggs in one layer. Fill with water until about 1/2-inch above the eggs.
- Bring the pot to a boil, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 14 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl. Once the eggs are done, transfer them to the ice water bath using a slotted spoon. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under water and pat dry with a paper towel and then chop.
Egg Salad Sandwich
- Add chopped eggs to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, celery seed, paprika, salt, pepper, green onion, and bacon.
- Add about 1 cup of the egg salad to a croissant or sandwich bread. (Add lettuce, tomato, or whatever ingredients you prefer on your sandwich.)
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.