Brown Sugar and Rosemary Roasted Carrots are a family favorite all year long. We especially love this recipe in the fall and winter as the rosemary is earthy, comforting, and the perfect complement to a carrot! We love this recipe with Crock Pot Ham or Honey Baked Ham!
Roasted Carrots Recipe
Five minutes is all the prep time you will need for this amazingly sweet side dish. Peel and slice the carrots. Combine brown sugar, water, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper and toss. Perfection is easy! This whole thing is transferred to a baking dish and baked until the carrots are tender. I like to slow roast them to allow the natural sugars in the carrots to combine with the brown sugar and herb mixture.
Tips for Perfect Roasted Carrots
- Keep an eye on the cooking time. Every oven can vary and if you are opening the oven often, it could affect the end result.
- Try to roast these in a single layer. That will create even cooking and ensure they are all tender!
Brown Sugar and Rosemary Roasted Carrots
I am not a huge rosemary person, but I do love the aromatics it adds to this recipe. And then the brown sugar sweetens it up a bit, which is wonderful! I also have Crispy Parmesan Carrots you will love!
- 12-14 carrots*, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, I like EVOO
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking dish, and bake until golden brown (stirring occasionally), about 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.