Homemade Funfetti Cake
- 2 1/4 c 281g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. 15ml McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter 113g softened
- 2 tbsp. 30ml vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 350ml cups milk
- 1 c 160g rainbow jimmies
- 1 tsp. 6g salt
- 3 1/2 tsp. 17g baking powder
- 1 1/2 c 300g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Place softened butter into stand mixer and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on low for one minute.
- Place dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine on low for 30 seconds.
- Remove from mixer and scrape down sides. Finish stirring by hand if not all combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350.
- For 9-inch pans its 20-25 minutes. For cupcakes start checking around 15 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I also made a quick video on how to decorate a rose cake!
Here is another tutorial on How To Make a Rose Cake!