This TikTok Inspired Skillet Cookie is inspired from hip-hop star, Jason Derulo, who has been keeping busy on TikTok lately! It is not his original recipe, but he certainly helped make it famous. It starts with a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, followed by sections of cookies and candy bars, and topped with a second layer of cookie dough. It looked like cookie heaven to me, so I had to try it! Try my Giant Cookie if the cookie is all you are craving.
Skillet Candy Cookie
It all starts with the chocolate chip cookie dough for this recipe. You can buy the cookie dough already made from the store, or you could start from scratch and use my cookie dough recipe I used in my Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. Either way, you will end up with a giant cookie that is full of some of my favorite cookies and candy bars.
Skillet Candy Cookie Recipe
With just a few ingredients, you can have a giant, stuffed chocolate chip cookie baked in a skillet.
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Cookie dough–Store-bought or homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
- Oreo cookies
- Mini Snickers bars
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Mini Kit Kat bars–I used the white creme wafer mini bars in this recipe, but the chocolate covered original wafer bars would work just as well.
Note: There is no need to crush or chop any of the cookies or candy bars into pieces; simply lay them on the dough as is!
How to Make a Skillet Candy Cookie
With the over 12 million views that Jason Derulo got from his TikTok video showing him baking this giant stuffed cookie, I am sure that many of those people have tried to make one for themselves. I had to join them in trying it out! It is so easy to make, and scooping into the baked cookie proved how chocolatey, ooey-gooey, and delicious this cookie is!
To make the stuffed cookie, I used a 9-inch oven-safe skillet. Spread one tube of the cookie dough on the bottom of the skillet. Then, think back to your school days and imagine the round cookie in fourths. In one of the fourths, place the Oreo cookies. Next, layer the mini Snickers in another fourth of the cookie. Then, add the mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Finally, add the Kit Kat bars.
After you have your candy choices sectioned out, cover the candy with a second tube of the chocolate chip cookie dough. Bake the cookie for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool a bit before digging in. I went a step further and added some ice cream to the cookie to make it even more of a decadent dessert.
Can I Use a Different Pan?
Yes! If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, I would recommend a 9-inch square baking pan for the closest in size. If you do use an 8-inch square pan, the cookie will be almost too thick and the cooking time would be different.
Looking for More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes?
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 tubes (33 ounces) cookie dough
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 14 mini Snickers
- 14 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 18 mini Kit Kat bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a 9-inch, oven-safe skillet spread out half of the cookie dough to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Place the Oreo cookies on one-fourth of the cookie dough.
- Add the mini Snickers on top of another fourth of the cookie dough.
- Add the mini Reese's in another fourth of the dough.
- In the final fourth of the dough, add the mini Kit Kats.
- Top the cookies and candy with the other half of the cookie dough and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.