This Snack Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting is perfect for cravings… when you want to whip up a quick and delicious treat just for you and your loved ones to share. This Snack Cake with Caramel Frosting is as easy as it is satisfying! Looking for more Cake Recipes? <— check here!
This recipe is inspired by my White Snack Cake. I happened to be grocery shopping I when inspiration hit. I made my way to the baking section and found everything I would need to make this yellow snack cake a reality.
So what does this cake taste like? It’s a delicate yellow cake with a dense crumb. The Salted Caramel frosting is made with brown sugar which adds a nice contrast in flavor to the yellow cake. One of the best things about this cake is the ingredients… they are simple. But when you use the best quality ingredients you can create something magical!
How to Make Salted Caramel Frosting
The ingredients are simple:
- brown sugar
- heavy cream
- confectioners sugar
- salt for sprinkling
The beauty of this recipe comes from the method. You heat the brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a large saucepan. Remove it from the heat and add it to a stand mixer. (Can also use a hand-held mixer but use a large bowl as the ingredients are hot and you don’t want it to splatter on you!) Then add in the confectioner’s sugar and let the mixer do the hard work. I left it for about 8 minutes, whipping away, and the final result was truly beautiful!
I chose to sprinkle the salt over top, but you can all add 1 teaspoon directly into the frosting when it is mixing.
This Snack Cake is perfect for cravings… when you want to whip up a quick and delicious treat just for you and your loved ones to share. This Snack Cake with Caramel Frosting is as easy as it is satisfying!
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (123g) whole milk, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 8x8 square pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
- Beat butter at medium speed with a hand-held mixer until creamy, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Sift together flour, corn starch, and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Beat eggs with a fork and then gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes
This Snack Cake with Caramel Frosting is as easy as it is satisfying!
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (256g) confectioners sugar, sifted sifted
- 1 teaspoon course Kosher salt
- Bring first 2 ingredients to a rolling boil in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
Stir in cream, and return to a boil; then remove from heat. Pour into the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer. Gradually beat in powdered sugar at medium speed, using whisk attachment; beat 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Use immediately.
Sprinkle frosted cake with sea salt.