Snickers Special-K Bars are a no-bake treat made with special K cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, butterscotch, and loaded with pieces of Snickers candy bars. It’s a special treat that started with my Special K Bars recipe. And, be sure to check out some of my other No-Bake Desserts, too!
Snickers Special-K Bars
If you love Snickers candy bars and love all the flavors of Special K Bars, you will absolutely love and crave this sweet dessert! The bars have all of the chewiness and flavors of a Special K bar, but with 2 bags of chopped Snickers candy bars added to the mix! It will definitely satisfy the sweetest tooth!
Cereal: With Special-K in the name, it just makes sense to use Special K cereal. Look for the original variety.
Snickers: I used two bags of fun-sized Snickers, each bar cut into about 5 pieces. You will end up with 4 cups of chopped candy bars.
Peanut Butter: Use creamy or crunchy peanut butter.
Baking chips: Both milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips were melted and added to the bars. If you don’t like butterscotch, you could stick with all milk chocolate chips.
How to Store Snickers Special K Bars
Once these bars have set, they will last for about 4 days at room temperature. Be sure they are in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze the Bars?
Sure! I recommend cutting the bars into individual servings first. Then, place the bars into a freezer-safe container with the layers separated by parchment paper. They will last about 3 months in the freezer.
Can I Use a Different Kind of Cereal?
Well, these are called Special K Bars for a reason. But, you could certainly try other kinds of cereal. You could try these with Rice Krispies or corn flakes to start.
Snickers Special-K Bars
- 6 cups (186 g) Kellogg's original Special K cereal
- 2 bags (9.7 ounces each) fun-sized Snickers, chopped into small pieces (about 4 cups chopped), divided
- 1½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1½ cups (511 g) corn syrup
- 1½ cups (387 g) peanut butter
- ¾ cup (126 g) milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (126 g) butterscotch chips
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cereal and half of the chopped Snickers (about 2 cups).
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until boiling, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Pour the mixture over the bowl of cereal and Snickers, folding to coat.
- Using an oiled spatula, pat the cereal mixture into the lined baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, add the milk chocolate and butterscotch chips. Heat the chips in 20-second intervals until they have melted and the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butterscotch chips over the bars, smoothing with a knife.
- Top with the remaining 2 cups of chopped Snickers.
- Let the bars sit for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.