Buffalo Chicken Nachos are the perfect addition to your appetizer rotation on game day! This amazing twist on the traditional nacho platter will make your mouth water and your taste buds rejoice! Make sure to try my homemade buffalo sauce and Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Buffalo Chicken Nachos take you to a whole new place, different than what traditional nachos do. With layers upon layers of cheesy, chickeny 😂, tortilla chips, smothered in buffalo and ranch sauce and topped with blue cheese crumbles (you can skip that if blue cheese is not your thing). These nachos are no joke! We cook and serve them right in the skillet, for the perfect crunch every time. This also saves on some of that unnecessary clean up too.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Simple ingredients come together in this buffalo chicken nachos recipe for a total game-day win (even if your team is losing). Here is what you will need:
- Salted Tortilla Chips: You can skip the salted chips if you want, but I love the flavor.
- Rotisserie Chicken: Buy one at the store to pull the chicken off the bone. Or, make your own!
- Buffalo Sauce: You can buy this at the store or make it yourself with this easy buffalo sauce recipe.
- Ranch Dressing: My homemade ranch dressing is seriously a game-changer when it comes to ranch dressing! Try it and you will be on board! Blue cheese dressing also is a delicious complement to buffalo chicken.
- Cheddar Cheese: I prefer cheddar cheese, but try these nachos with your favorite kind of cheese.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: If you are not a fan of blue cheese, you can certainly leave these off the nachos.
- Green Onions: These are added at the end for garnish, also optional.
- More Toppings: Serve with jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes, diced celery, black olives, and extra dressing for drizzling.
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Nachos Ahead of Time?
You can certainly get a good start on the flavorful appetizer ahead of time. You can get the chicken cooked and stored for a few days in the refrigerator. You could also make the buffalo sauce in advance. Finally, get any additional toppings cut and ready to serve with the nachos.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, add ⅓ of the chips, the chicken, the shredded cheddar, and the blue cheese in layers. Repeat three times.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Optional: Top with chopped green onions and drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Serve with additional toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.