Butterfinger Lush is a rich layered dessert with an Oreo cookie crust topped with Butterfinger candy bars, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. It is truly a decadent treat. Be sure to try my other no-bake desserts, too!
No-Bake Butterfinger Lush
If you are a Butterfinger fan, you will love this Butterfinger Lush. And, you will also want to check out my Butterfinger Dip, too! You will also love this dessert if you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. To make it even better, the refrigerator does most of the work since it’s a no-bake treat. That’s a lot to love in one dessert!
Crust: I used a food processor to crush 30 Oreo cookies, filling and all, for the crust. You could also crush the cookies by hand. To do this, use a rolling pin or a wine bottle to crush the cookies layered between two pieces of parchment paper. You could also get away with using a store-bought Oreo cookie crust.
Butterfingers: You will need a total of 12 mini butterfingers, chopped. This ended up being close to a 10.2-ounce bag of miniature candy bars. Be sure to reserve about 1/4 cup of the chopped Butterfingers to sprinkle over top of the dessert.
Peanut Butter: If possible, use creamy peanut butter for that light and fluffy cream cheese layer. But, if you want an extra crunch, you could get away with using crunchy peanut butter.
Whipped Topping: If you don’t have any on hand (such as Cool Whip), make your own whipped cream to use in the dessert. Two cups will be folded in with the cream cheese and peanut butter while the other cup will be spread over the top of the dessert.
Pudding Mix: Look for a 5.1-ounce box (the larger box) of instant chocolate pudding mix. Make sure it is instant pudding mix, not cook and serve.
How to Chop Butterfingers
When you are breaking up the Butterfinger candy bars, there is no need to chop them up evenly or perfectly uniformly. In fact, an easy way to get them chopped is to lightly pound each bar while it is still in the wrapper. Genius, I know! They also break apart easily with your hands if you don’t mind a little chocolate on your fingers.
Can I Use a Different Sized Pan?
Well, the 9-inch square pan was pretty jam-packed with layers of the Butterfinger Lush. However, you could possibly get it made in an 8×8-inch dish. You could attempt a 9×13-inch baking dish, but the layers would be thin.
How to Store Butterfinger Lush
This Butterfinger Lush dessert is rich, so a little bit goes a long way. But, the good news is that you can store it in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
- 30 Oreo cookies, filling included
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 mini butterfingers, chopped, reserving ¼ cup for topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (129 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (125 g) confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups (180 g) whipped topping, divided
- 1 box (5.1 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (490 g) whole milk, cold
- Using a food processor, process the cookies until they are a fine crumb. (It’s okay if there are a few cookie chunks.)
- Add butter and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Press the cookie mixture into an even layer into an ungreased 9-inch square dish.
- Sprinkle with most of the chopped butterfinger candies, reserving ¼ cup for the topping. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to beat the cream cheese until creamy and no lumps remain (about 2 minutes).
- Add peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Stir together until smooth.
- With a spatula, gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread over chopped Butterfingers on the crust.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add milk and pudding mix. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until all lumps are gone. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the mixture to soft-set.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the reserved chopped Butterfinger over the top. Cover and place back into the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.