This decadent Butterfinger Pie is made with a Butterfinger cookie crust and a Butterfinger cream cheese filling. The BEST Butterfinger Pie you will ever have! If you love pies don’t miss my Piggy Pie Dessert and Peanut Butter Pie!
Butterfinger Pie Recipe
This recipe is unique in that I made a Butterfinger Cookie Crust instead of a traditional pie crust. It absolutely does magical things to this pie! The rich cookie base paired with the creamy peanut butter and Butterfinger cream cheese filling is not only a flavor explosion but a food texture adventure. Chewy, creamy, crunchy all at once!
This recipe is a small one in that it will fit in a 7-inch round pie pan. If you happen to have an 8-inch or 9-inch pan you can use those easily, just don’t put as much cookie dough up the sides of the pan.
How to Make Butterfinger Pie
This easy Butterfinger Pie just takes a few simple ingredients to put together. First, you will prepare the cookie crust and bake it for about 10 minutes. Allow the cookie to cool and then prepare the filling. The filling is then added over the Butterfinger cookie crust and chilled for at least 1 hour.
This recipe serves 8 and stays fresh in the refrigerator for about 2 days.
If you would like to double the filling for a mile-high Butterfinger pie, simply use a 9-inch pan and make sure the cookie crust only covered the bottom of the pan.
This decadent Butterfinger Pie is made with a Butterfinger cookie crust and a Butterfinger cream cheese filling. The BEST Butterfinger Pie you will ever have!
- 1/4 c (58g) butter room temperature
- 1/2 c (115g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 c (128g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 mini Butterfinger bars chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 c (88g) creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 c chopped Butterfinger pieces reserve some for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in egg until just combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add in flour and salt.
- Stir in Butterfinger pieces by hand. The dough will be very thick.
- Press the mixture into a prepared pie dish. Press the mixture up the sides and make sure it is as even as possible.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. If the cookie has puffed up at all, use a kitchen glass to evenly press it down immediately out of the oven. Let sit for at least 30 min. before adding filling. (Cookie should be room temperature, not warm.)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and peanut butter with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup roughly chopped Butterfinger.
- Remove bowl from mixer and carefully fold in whipped topping by hand.
- Spread mixture into pie crust. Optional- Cover with more whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining Butterfinger over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Love this dessert? Check out these delicious recipes: