Summertime is grilling time around here, and these Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs are fun and easy to put together, and better yet, they are such an easy clean-up that you won’t miss out on all the festivities! If you are looking for more grilling ideas, check out my Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs!
How Do I Prevent Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Foil Packs From Burning?
To prevent foil packets from burning, make sure to use heavy-duty aluminum foil and double-wrap them to create a sturdy seal. (Some folks also like to add parchment between the food and the foil.) Additionally, placing the foil packets on indirect heat or using a lower grill temperature can help avoid excessive charring.
Can I Use Different Ingredients in the Same Foil Packet?
But yes, foil packets are versatile and allow you to cook various ingredients together. However, it’s essential to consider the cooking times of each ingredient. Cut denser vegetables and proteins into smaller pieces to ensure even cooking. Alternatively, you can partially pre-cook some ingredients before assembling the foil packets.
What Other Seasonings Can I Use Besides Cajun?
While Cajun seasoning adds a bold and spicy flavor, you can experiment with other seasoning blends to suit your taste preferences. Consider options like Italian seasoning, barbecue rubs, lemon herb, or garlic and herb blends. Feel free to get creative and customize the flavors to your liking
Can I Cook Foil Packets in the Oven Instead of Grill?
Sure! Simply place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake at a similar temperature (around 400°F or 200°C) for approximately the same amount of time. This allows you to enjoy these delicious foil packets year-round, regardless of the weather. (I have more detailed instructions in my Baked Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packets recipe.)
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
- 1 package (16 ounces) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 pound andouille sausages, thickly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into one-inch chunks
- 2 corn cobs, cut into one-inch rounds
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 425° F)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add corn and cut potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Place 4-6 large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter, about 18” long. (You can also line the foil with parchment paper)
- In a large bowl, toss together the shrimp, sausage, red peppers, potatoes, corn cobs, olive oil, and cajun seasoning until everything is evenly coated.
- Divide the mixture between the four pieces of foil, piling it in the center of each piece.
- Fold the long sides of the foil together over the top of the mixture, turning it over twice to seal the contents. Fold up the ends and seal the packet closed.
- Repeat for all the packets.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook undisturbed for 10-14 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Open the foil packets carefully and serve hot with chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.