Finding a really good Caramel Cream Cheese frosting was not something I knew I needed in my life until I accidentally ate some. Then I was obsessed. And determined. And eventually, victorious.
Cream Cheese Frosting
My traditional cream cheese frosting recipe is one of those recipes that people come back for again and again. It has loads of flavor and can be customizable in that you can adjust the thickness and creaminess to fit your needs!
While I love that creamy cream cheese frosting, my passion for decorating cupcakes runs even deeper. I wanted to find a cream cheese frosting with a little depth and originality. Bring in the caramel! I am OBSESSED with making this caramel cream cheese frosting and topping a chocolate cupcake with it. Sprinkle with some sea salt and you have something magical!
I most recently used it on some Spice Cupcakes. I used an Ateco #9 plain tube tip and then drizzled with caramel sauce. It was fantastic!
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tbsp. salted butter room temperature
- 1/2 c caramel sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c (330g) confectioners sugar
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the caramel sauce and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add 3 cups of confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time and beat on low speed until blended. Add more confectioners sugar if needed.
- Increase mixer speed and beat on medium-high speed for up to 2 minutes
While this frosting is definitely pipe-able, I would not use it for a Rose Cake.
If you are looking for a classic Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe try this one! It is so amazingly sweet and luxurious and ever works perfectly for piping!