Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling are chocolate cupcakes filled with blackberry preserves seasoned with black pepper and rosemary, topped with chocolate ganache. Try my Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling for another delicious fruit-filled cupcake.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling
I am glad I took on a chance on these Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling, even with the added coarse ground pepper and rosemary! These are really fantastic. The pepper and rosemary are definitely subtle when mixed with the blackberry preserves and end up intensifying the dark chocolate flavor considerably.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling Ingredients
Cupcakes: Just start with a dark chocolate boxed cake mix. Follow the instructions to make the cupcakes.
Filling: Again, adding the coarse ground pepper and rosemary to the blackberry preserves just works. And, it is perfect when added to the dark chocolate cupcakes.
Ganache: The chocolate ganache is made with semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream. It adds even more chocolate to the cupcakes!
How to Make Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling
To get started making this treat, first, follow the instructions on the box of dark chocolate cake mix to bake the cupcakes. After the cupcakes have been baked, let them cool before filling them with the blackberry preserves filling.
To make the filling, simply combine the preserves with coarse black pepper and rosemary. Place the filling in a pastry bag or a sealable plastic bag with a corner cut off. Using the handle of a wooden spoon or straw, make an indentation in each cupcake. Make sure you don’t go all the way through the bottom. Pipe about a teaspoon of the filling into each cupcake. Set them aside as you make the ganache.
It is really simple to get this chocolate ganache made and on the filled cupcakes. To make the ganache, simply melt the chocolate with the heavy cream in the microwave. Start by cooking on high for a minute. Then, if the chocolate is not completely melted, continue heating it up in 20-second increments until melted and smooth.
When ready, pour the warm ganache over each cupcake and let them sit until the ganache has set before serving.
Looking for More Cupcake Recipes?
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling and Chocolate Ganache
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup blackberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, coarse
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Collection Rosemary, crushed
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed for cupcakes. Allow to cool.
- When ready, make an indentation in the center of each cupcake using the handle of a wooden spoon or straw. Be careful to not break through the bottom of each cupcake.
- In a small bowl, mix blackberry preserves, coarse ground pepper, and rosemary. Place in a resealable plastic bag and then cut off a small corner from the bottom of the bag. Or, use a piping bag.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the preserves into each cupcake. Set aside as you make the ganache.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate and cream on high for one minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. (If you need to place it back into the microwave to melt the remaining chocolate, you can do it in 20-second increments.)
- Top each cupcake with chocolate ganache. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Slightly adapted from McCormick.com with permission.