No-Bake Caramel Shortbread Pie… pure summer decadence. Is there anything more refreshing than a cool, creamy, silky-smooth, no-bake cheesecake in the middle of a hot summer? If you love no-bake desserts don’t miss my Piggy Pie Dessert and Blueberry Lemon Heaven Dessert!
Caramel Shortbread Pie
This pie consists of two main components… the rich caramel filling and that decadent crust. That mile-high buttery deliciousness is a shortbread crust. It’s a bit of a show stopper and perfect for anyone who loves shortbread!
Oh, I forgot the best part. The entire recipe only takes 15 minutes to pull together!
How to Make Caramel Shortbread Pie
Naturally, the most beautiful pairing for buttery shortbread cookie crust is caramel. They are essentially the same flavor with a vastly different texture. When eaten together it is nothing short of spectacular!
To make the shortbread crust you will need:
I added sugar as optional in the recipe because it is not essential to the recipe, just something we like. It really depends on what type of shortbread cookie you buy! (But remember, you could even make your own cookies.) We like Walkers, but if you use a different brand they may not be as sweet and might need a little sugar to create the perfect crust.
How to Make the Caramel Filling
I opted for the easy route as I love the idea of quick and no-bake for this recipe. The filling is super simple!
- cream cheese
- caramel sauce
- heavy cream
If you wanted you could make your own caramel sauce, but as I mentioned, I was aiming for EASY with this recipe. Salted caramel would also be an excellent addition!
The cream cheese should be at room temperature to ensure an ultra-creamy and smooth texture.
Tips for the Best Caramel Pie
Use a good quality shortbread cookie. Try the cookie before and make sure it is rich, buttery, and flavorful.
Use room temperature ingredients. This will help with consistency and create a velvety smooth texture.
While I have included a store-bought caramel sauce, you can certainly make yours from scratch.
This decadent pie is nothing short of mile-high deliciousness!
No-Bake Caramel Shortbread Pie
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies, reserve 1 tablespoon for sprinkling over top of pie
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (optional, see notes)
- 16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup caramel dessert topping
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- whipped topping, optional
- Shortbread Crust
- Mix all shortbread crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. After it is well combined, press into the bottom and barely up sides of an 8-inch pie plate. (Can use a 9-inch, the crust will be thinner) Set aside.
- Caramel Filling
- Beat cream cheese, caramel topping, and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in heavy cream just until blended.
- Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes or until fluffy. Spoon mixture into crust.
- Add whipped topping if desired.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with additional caramel topping and sprinkle with shortbread crumbs.
- Store leftover pie covered in refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.