Do you have that one chore that you simply detest? For me, it’s washing the dishes. I would rather iron every single one of my husband’s shirts with military precision than do dishes.
- 2 1/4 c 281g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. 15ml McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter 113g softened
- 2 tbsp. 30ml vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 350ml cups milk
- 1 c 160g rainbow jimmies
- 1 tsp. 6g salt
- 3 1/2 tsp. 17g baking powder
- 1 1/2 c 300g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Place softened butter into stand mixer and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on low for one minute.
- Place dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine on low for 30 seconds.
- Remove from mixer and scrape down sides. Finish stirring by hand if not all combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350.
- For 9-inch pans its 20-25 minutes. For cupcakes start checking around 15 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
I also made a quick video on how to decorate a rose cake!
Here is another tutorial on How To Make a Rose Cake!