Brownie Batter Dip is an indulgent no-bake dessert dip with a blend of cream cheese, whipped topping, and brownie mix. Chilled to perfection and topped with mini chocolate chips, it is a chocolatey delight to be enjoyed with a variety of dippable treats! Serve it at parties like your New Year’s Eve gathering, or anytime you are craving chocolate. I also have my popular Booty Dip that you will want to try!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cream Cheese: Let the cream cheese soften or come to room temperature before mixing with the whipped topping. Full-fat cream cheese is best.
Whipped Topping: Store-bought whipped cream (like Cool Whip) can be used. Or, make homemade whipped topping to mix with the cream cheese.
Brownie Mix: Look for a box of brownie mix without chocolate chips. Or, you could use my homemade brownie mix. If you are concerned with the brownie mix being uncooked, you could heat the dry mix in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350°F before making the dip.
Milk: Adding a little bit of milk at a time lets you control the thickness of the dip.
Chocolate Chips: For even more chocolate flavor, add some mini chocolate chips on top of the dip for serving.
Why Chill The Dip Before Serving?
For the best results, chill the brownie batter dip for about 30 minutes before serving. Chilling the dip results in a creamier consistency and lets the flavors intensify.
What To Serve With Brownie Batter Dip
There are lots of delicious dippable options to serve with brownie batter dip! Here are a few you may want to try:
- Graham Crackers
- Fruit (I love sliced apples and strawberries.)
- Vanilla Wafers
- Animal Crackers
- Cookies (Try shortbread or chocolate chip cookies.)
- Brownie Bites
How To Store Brownie Batter Dip
Store brownie batter dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3-4 days. When ready to serve, give the dip a good stir or mix.
Brownie Batter Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 box (18 ounces) brownie mix* (without chocolate chips)
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- graham crackers, fruit, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, for serving
- To a medium bowl, add cream cheese and whipped topping. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix until no lumps remain.
- Add brownie mix. Mix on low until fully combined. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill the dip in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips. Serve with cookies, wafers, fruit, animal crackers, and graham crackers.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
This tastes exactly like brownie batter! Grab some graham crackers, some apples, or vanilla wafers, and dip right in!
This dip lives up to its name, tasting just like brownie batter! It is sure to satisfy chocolate cravings!
This is a great dessert dip with any cookie or fruit. I would love this with some animal crackers!
So yummy! This definitely reminds me of brownie batter. This dip would go great with fruits, crackers, pretzels, and so many more!
This is a great option for a sweet treat! It tastes exactly like brownie batter, but isn't overbearingly sweet!
Not too sweet and totally reminds me of brownie batter! A super fun dip for your dessert bar!