Get ready for the best pizza you have ever tasted. This Buffalo Chicken Pizza is the stuff dreams are made of! Spicy shredded Buffalo Chicken in a zesty buffalo ranch sauce, covered in piles of melty cheese hot and ready on your table in 20 minutes! If you like recipes like this make sure to check out my stuffed buffalo chicken and my buffalo chicken salad!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Is it normal to be a “pizza snob”? Because I think I am. By pizza snob, I don’t mean that I am judgy about my pizza. What I mean is, I will drop anything for pizza. I will literally drive unfathomable lengths for good pizza. OK, so maybe I am more of a pizza groupie. 😉
I was recently introduced to buffalo chicken pizza. I had always turned my nose to anything that didn’t come with a traditional pizza sauce. I am so glad that this event happened. Life-changing.
As I was making a big batch of shredded chicken, I decided to give this recipe a go. The results were shockingly easy and so incredibly delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
For this recipe, you will need to start with a pizza crust. We made our own homemade thin crust pizza dough but you can also purchase a premade dough at the supermarket. Make sure that you are getting thin crust pizza dough though. If you like thick crust better, then, by all means, opt for that. My pizza dough is super simple, doesn’t require rise time, and is ready in under 30 minutes. You can cover it in any number of pizza toppings too. Whatever pizza dough solution you go with, I have a few tips for getting the crust crispy without burning it. This took a little trial and error.
- If you are using a pizza stone, add it to the oven when you are preheating so that the stone is hot and ready when you are ready to put the pizza in. When you are ready to transfer the pizza into the oven you can transfer the pizza right on the parchment to the hot stone. Use a pizza peel if you have one or take the stone out of the oven and carefully transfer on the countertop.
- Another method is to prebake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and carefully add the toppings and then cook according to the recipe directions.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Once you have your pizza crust ready to go the rest is relatively simple! Grab a small bowl and mix together the hot sauce, ranch dressing, and shredded chicken. Here is a recipe for some homemade hot sauce and homemade ranch dressing if you want a true homemade experience. You could also use blue cheese dressing.
Spread that mixture all over the pizza crust, make sure to catch the edges as close as you can. Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese and bake! This pizza is best served hot, but you will need to let it sit for about 5 minutes so that it will cut perfectly. When you are ready to serve, drizzle some extra buffalo sauce and extra ranch (or blue cheese) over the top.
Looking for More Easy Dinner Recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 package (11 ounces) thin crust pizza dough (we prefer homemade!)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing, plus more for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons buffalo chicken sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped scallion, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Stretch your pizza dough out on a piece of floured (or cornmeal) parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and shredded chicken.
- Spread the mixture onto the pizza crust and top with both kinds of cheese.
- Slide the parchment paper with the prepared pizza onto the hot stone in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbling.
- Drizzle a little more buffalo sauce and more ranch over top of the pizza.
- Allow the cheese to set for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving. (Sprinkle scallions on now if using.)
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.