A few simple ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to create this fabulous Easy Coconut Cream Pie! I have tested many Coconut Pie recipes in my day and this is by far the easiest and creamiest. You may also enjoy my Piggy Pie Dessert and 50 Best Cookie Recipes!
Easy Coconut Cream Pie
I seem to have a never-ending supply of pudding in the house, so finding options to use it in a different way is always a bonus! This gorgeous pie only used 5 ingredients, a few that are store-bought. If you can stir, you can create a delicious pie that tastes like it’s from a bakery!
For true coconut lovers, try adding a teaspoon of Coconut extract to the pudding. Your taste buds will be in heaven!
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Pre-Crushed vs Crushing Yourself
The quality of store-bought graham cracker crumbs has changed in the last few years and they seem to be less flavorful and have a different texture. When possible, I recommend the full sheets of honey-flavored graham crackers and crushing them yourself or utilizing a food processor.
How to Toast Coconut
Just in case you can’t find toasted coconut, it is quite easy to toast your own!
- Just start with a cup of shredded or flaked coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Place shredded or flaked coconut evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes and then use a spatula to stir and flip over.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes until coconut is completely golden. Watch close after 3 minutes, you don’t want it to burn! Allow the coconut to cool before using it.
Beyond creamy and so full of flavor! This easy-peasy Coconut Cream Pie is sure to be a family favorite.
Creamy No Bake Desserts
Easy Coconut Cream Pie
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, or 10-12 sheets graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons (85 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups (120 g) whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup (93 g) toasted coconut, divided
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs and, using a fork, mix well. You want every crumb coated in the butter as this will be the glue that holds it together.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a 7-inch pie plate. (The crust will be thick.) Pat the crust flat with your hand and then use a kitchen glass to press flatter. Start at the center and work out to and up the sides. Set aside.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with whisk for about 2 minutes, or until it's very smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping and ¾ cup coconut.
- Pour the whipped topping mixture into the crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- For the top, pile the remaining whipped topping in the center making sure to show a little bit of the edges of the coconut cream filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut. Chill until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Can you make your own whipped topping instead of using cool whip, if yes what’s a recipe for whipped topping
Hi Ellyce – if you click on “whipped topping” in the recipe card it goes directly to my homemade whipped cream. But here it is again: https://iambaker.net/homemade-whipped-cream/
I’m making this now, and it looks so yummy . Thank you for sharing
I love your recipes they are different and sounds really yummy 😋 and you don’t mind sharing your recipes thanks 🙏🏽 for that
I make this every year at Christmas, but I use regular pie crust and coconut flavored pudding.
Hi Amanda! This recipe sound Delish 😋 😋 Can you please tell me how to toast Coconut????Thanks a lot 🤗
I love your recipes!
Would this work with a homemade vanilla pudding, if I allowed it to cool before adding the whipped topping??
That’s how I make mine except I make homemade pudding. Instsnt is too sweet for me!
Do you have to use toasted coconut?
Made this coconut cream pie yesterday…easy and delicious. He says the recipe is a keeper and looks forward to many more of the same. I did use sugar free pudding and half and half, found it to be quite creamy, also put some coconut extract in the pudding as it was French vanilla flavor.