A few simple ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to create this fabulous Easy Coconut Cream Pie! I have tested many Coconut Pie recipes in my day and this is by far the easiest and creamiest. You may also enjoy my Piggy Pie Dessert and 50 Best Cookie Recipes!
Easy Coconut Cream Pie
I seem to have a never-ending supply of pudding in the house, so finding options to use it in a different way is always a bonus! This gorgeous pie only used 5 ingredients, a few that are store-bought. If you can stir, you can create a delicious pie that tastes like it’s from a bakery!
To make this pie you will need: (full recipe below)
- Vanilla Pudding
- Whipped Topping
- Toasted Coconut
- Graham Cracker Crust
For true coconut lovers, try adding a teaspoon of Coconut extract to the pudding. Your taste buds will be in heaven!
Graham Cracker Crust for Coconut Pie
To make it as easy as possible, I wrote “store-bought pie crust” in the recipe. However, a perfect homemade graham cracker crust only needs a few simple ingredients.
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- Graham crackers
Combine crushed graham cracker, melted butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well and press into a greased pie dish. (I prefer an 8-inch pie dish with this recipe)
Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F.
Carefully remove from the oven.
When making your own graham cracker crust I don’t recommend using low-fat or fat-free graham crackers, but they certainly work in a pinch.
How to Toast Coconut
Just in case you can’t find toasted coconut, it is quite easy to toast your own!
- Just start with a cup of shredded or flaked coconut.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place shredded or flaked coconut evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes and then use a spatula to stir and flip over.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes until coconut is completely golden. Watch close after 3 minutes, you don’t want it to burn! Allow the coconut to cool before using it.
When You Are Ready to Assemble the Pie
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in a large bowl with whisk for about 2 minutes, or until it’s very smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of whipped cream and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Pour whipped topping mixture into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
When you are ready to serve, top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
Beyond creamy and so full of flavor! This easy peasy Coconut Cream Pie is sure to be a family favorite.
Looking for more Easy Pie Recipes?
A few simple ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to create this fabulous Easy Coconut Cream Pie!
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups Whipped Topping, divided (can be store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup toasted coconut, divided
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust 6 oz.
Beat pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with whisk for about 2 minutes, or until it's very smooth.
Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping and 3/4 cup coconut.
Pour the whipped topping mixture into the crust.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
For the top, pile the remaining whipped topping in the center making sure to show a little bit of the edges of the coconut cream filling.
Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut. Chill until ready to serve.