When life gives you lemons, make this Lemonade Pie! Although there are no actual lemons in this recipe, there is plenty of lemon flavor in each bite of this refreshing dessert. An added bonus is that it is a completely no-bake dessert! Who wants to turn on an oven on a hot summer day, which would be the perfect day to enjoy this pie.
What Does Lemonade Pie Taste Like?
Simply put, it’s like a slightly sweeter key lime pie. Packs a punch but definitely creamy, smooth, and satisfying!
No-Bake Lemonade Pie
There are two parts to this pie–the shortbread pie crust and the lemonade filling. There is nothing better than a subtle and sweet Shortbread crust, so I opted to use my absolutely perfect Shortbread Cookie recipe. Highly recommend!
Shortbread Pie Crust
Lemonade Pie is as easy to make as it is delicious! It starts with the crust. Melted butter and crushed shortbread cookies are the only two ingredients you need! Make sure you crush the cookies as best you can before adding the butter. I used a food processor to get very fine crumbs, but you could also put them in a zipped plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
How to Serve Lemonade Pie
Best served on a warm day, of course! 😋 I recommend serving it with homemade whipped cream (which you could easily make while the pie is chilling). The pie will last up to three days chilled.
How to Make Individual Servings
Simply crush up shortbread cookies and place them in the bottom of the serving cup instead of a pie pan. After testing we found that a thinner layer on the bottom was best. (Which also means you can make more servings!) Then reserve a bit of the shortbread cookie crumbs to sprinkle on top.
SHORTBREAD PIE CRUST
- 1 box (5.3-6 ounces) shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (5 ounces)evaporated milk
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding
- 2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- whipped topping, optional, for topping
- lemon slice, optional, for garnish
SHORTBREAD PIE CRUST
- In a large bowl, combine the shortbread cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Pour into an 8-inch pie dish and firmly press to the edges to form a pie crust.
- In a medium bowl combine the milk and pudding.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until thickened (2-3 minutes).
- In a separate medium bowl, add cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the frozen lemonade and the pudding mixture.
- Pour into the pie crust. Place pie in the freezer for four hours.
- When ready, remove the pie from the freezer and let thaw for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.