Stuffed Buffalo Chicken brings your favorite chicken to life, with a tangy and spicy buffalo sauce, creamy bacon, blue cheese filling, and smothered in zesty ranch dressing. We used our homemade buffalo sauce and our homemade ranch dressing for this recipe!
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
We love a good buffalo wing around here, but sometimes the process for making those just isn’t practical. So we decided to switch things up a bit and see what we could come up with by combining some of our favorite dishes. I added my favorite flavors of chicken and buffalo sauce to create a recipe that everyone loves! Once you try this, you will understand just how amazing these flavors work together! I also have Buffalo Chicken Tacos you will love, too!
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Recipe
For this stuffed buffalo chicken recipe you will need:
- Chicken Breasts – boneless and skinless, about 4-6 ounces each.
- Buffalo Sauce – there is a big difference between hot sauce and buffalo sauce, hot sauce is essentially the base for buffalo sauce with a few extra ingredients added in to tame the heat and give it a little thickness. If you are looking to make your own, check out this buffalo sauce recipe.
- Blue Cheese – Crumbles not dressing. You will be incorporating it into a cheese mixture that gets stuffed into the chicken, so the dressing would give it too much liquid.
- Cream Cheese – Any kind will do but I find that the full-fat cream cheese holds up so much better with cooking. You will want this to be at room temperature or you will have trouble incorporating the other ingredients into it.
- Ranch Dressing – Once again, any kind will do, but I prefer to make it myself with my homemade ranch dressing recipe.
- Bacon – Thick cut and pre-cooked. I like to bake my bacon versus fry it. I just find that I get more uniform cooking this way. Bake at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until it is crispy.
How Can I Tell if Stuffed Chicken is Cooked?
As with all chicken recipes, using a thermometer is the best method. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken (trying to avoid the filling) and make sure it reaches 165°F.
Can I Make Stuffed Buffalo Chicken in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! Either place a piece of parchment paper into the air fryer or spray with non-stick spray. (Be sure to read your air fryer manufacturer instructions.) Heat to 400°F. Place the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer in the basket, making sure the chicken isn’t touching. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken
Store leftover Stuffed Buffalo Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To freeze, allow the stuffed chicken to cool completely. Place into an airtight container or a freezer-safe sealable plastic bag and remove as much air as possible. Be sure to label. When you are ready to eat, place the chicken into the refrigerator to thaw overnight before reheating.
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
Blue Cheese Filling
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ribs celery, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cut a 2-inch pocket into each chicken breast.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and crumbled bacon.
- Stuff each chicken breast with blue cheese mixture. Close slit using toothpicks.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish, top with buffalo sauce (reserve some for basting at the end)
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.