These Bacon Cheeseburger Balls are everything you love about cheeseburgers wrapped into a delicious little meatball! Oh hey, why not try my Cheeseburger Soup or Air Fryer Cheeseburger Hand Pies if you happen to love all these flavors? Or check out all my Appetizers!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
These sweet little balls of joy could not be more fun! They are loaded with all of the flavors we love in a cheeseburger… ground beef, bacon, and cheese! But instead of a messy burger, it’s a neat little meatball that you can eat in one bite! But don’t do that. Be sure to take a bite so that you can see the glorious ooey gooey cheese inside first. It’s such a fun surprise!
Cheese Curds in a Bacon Cheeseburger Meatball?
You start with the basics for this recipe, meaning that you have meat, egg, and crushed saltines (instead of bread). From there is where things get crazy! We added cooked bacon, onion soup mix, and a cheese curd to the middle! If you don’t have access to cheese curds you could pick your favorite cheese and cube it and then place it in the meatball. Simply buy a block of your favorite cheese and chop it into 1/2 inch cubes. You will need about 15 cubes.
PRO TIP: If you freeze your cheese cubes before adding to the meatballs they won’t ooze out while they are baking. (I don’t always do that because I love to gobble up that delicious gooey cheese!)
If you are having a party, feel free to slice your remaining cheese for a cheese tray! (I also have this amazing Cheese Platter if you need more party ideas.)
But if you are able to find cheese curds I highly recommend it. They melt so beautifully and are made for this type of recipe!
What Do You Serve with Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs?
French fries! Actually, any potato will work and my favorite way to serve them is with mashed potatoes. You can also serve these meatballs with a side of ketchup and mustard if you want to really stay on theme. In case you want to serve these for dinner and want a vegetable that works with meatballs, I love serving roasted veggies such as Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, or even carrots or peas.
How to Freeze Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Prepare meatballs according to the recipe. (You can also bake them for 20 minutes at 375°F.)
- Let them cook then arrange on a baking sheet and place the entire baking sheet in your freezer for about an hour.
- Once chilled through, place in a big ziplock bag.
Meatballs as an Appetizer
Just in case you are looking for something amazing to serve at a holiday or New Year’s Eve, this recipe would be perfect! You can prepare all of the meatballs and keep them warm in a crockpot or a commercial warming pan. In general, ceramics and glass will hold their heat better than metal pans, so opt for those if possible.
Love Burgers? Check out these Burger Recipes.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
- 1 large egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cheese curds (or about 16 pieces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed Saltines, about 30 crackers
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble ground beef over mixture and mix well.
- Divide into 14-16 portions.
- Add cheese curds to the center of each meatball making sure it is completely inside and covered with meat. Reshape into a ball.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs for coating. Place cracker crumbs and crumbled bacon in another bowl. Dip meatballs into eggs, then coat with bacon crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron over medium heat. Cook meatballs until meat is no longer pink and outside is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Flip meatballs over often so each side browns.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.