Banana Lush is a layered dessert with a graham cracker crust, bananas, cream cheese, and banana pudding. It is a light and fluffy treat, perfect for summertime. I have a Lemon Lush version too!
No-Bake Banana Lush
Banana Lush is named appropriately because this is such a luscious dessert with all the flavors of a Banana Cream Pie! But, there is no baking or making a pie crust. In fact, lush desserts are given this name because of the layers of rich and creamy delight. I love the lightness and texture of the desserts. And, if you are not a banana fan, try my Strawberry Delight!
Bananas: Use two barely-ripe bananas, sliced into rounds. The banana rounds will top the crust.
Pudding: Look for a 5.1-ounce box of banana cream instant pudding mix.
Fresh Lemon Juice: There is only 1 teaspoon in this recipe, so you can use bottled lemon juice if that is what you have available.
Can I Use a Different Sized Pan?
Sure! The 8×8-inch pan gives you a nicely stacked dessert. You could use a 9×9-inch pan, however, the layers will be a bit thinner.
Can I Make Banana Lush with a Different Crust?
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Pre-Crushed vs Crushing Yourself
The quality of store-bought graham cracker crumbs has changed in the last few years and they seem to be less flavorful and have a different texture. When possible, I recommend the full sheets of honey-flavored graham crackers and crushing them yourself or utilizing a food processor.
How to Store Banana Lush
This banana-flavored dessert will melt in your mouth and will probably not last long. But, if you have to store any leftovers, it will last in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing this dessert.
- 2 cups (14-16 sheets, 168 g) honey graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (62.5 g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (120 g) whipped topping, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 2 cups (490 g) whole milk, cold
- 1 box (5.1 ounces) banana cream instant pudding mix
- ¼ cup (21 g) graham cracker crumbs
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, including up the sides of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, add graham crackers and sugar. Mix together.
- Add melted butter to the graham crackers and sugar. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated with no dry spots.
- Press the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the lined baking dish in an even layer. Flatten the crust with the bottom of a glass.
- Top the crust with sliced bananas.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the toppings.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to beat the cream cheese until creamy (1-2 minutes). Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon and beat again until creamy and no lumps remain (about 1-2 minutes).
- With a spatula, gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator. Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the bananas.
- Place the pan back into the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add milk and pudding mix. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until all lumps are gone. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the mixture to soft-set.
- Pour the banana mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready, top with graham cracker crumbs and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
This recipe was inspired by Betty Crocker’s Banana Cream Pie Lush.