Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert is an angel food cake layered with cherries, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream! This light and fluffy dessert is easy to make and will be a favorite to share at a potluck or holiday gathering. For a similar dessert, try my Blueberry Lemon Heaven Dessert. If you love angel food, don’t miss my Coconut Angel Food Cake and Coconut Angel Food Cupcakes!
Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert
If it’s your turn to bring a dessert to your next party, don’t dread it. And, don’t just go buy something! Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert is super easy to put together, and the light cherry flavor is so delicious! This dessert was gone first out of all the other desserts the last time I shared it and everyone wanted the recipe. It looks a lot fancier than it is, and it is a recipe that everyone can make!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Angel Food Cake: To make this recipe even easier, buy an angel food cake from the store. Or, you could certainly make your own, too!
Pudding Layer: Grab a box of vanilla pudding mix and combine it with milk and heavy cream.
Cherry Pie Filling: If you prefer, make homemade cherry pie filling instead of using a store-bought filling.
Whipped Topping: Cool whip is delicious on this dessert, but I also recommend trying homemade whipped cream.
Almonds: Almonds are definitely optional for topping this dessert.
Variations to Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert
If you are not a fan of cherries, simply substitute the pie filling for a different flavor. I love blueberry or strawberry pie filling for this recipe. If you want your dessert a little thicker, use a square casserole dish instead. Since this is such an easy recipe, the more options you have, the better!
How to Store Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert
Store the cherry vanilla heaven dessert in the refrigerator, covered. It will last 1-2 days. I do not recommend freezing the dessert.
Cherry Vanilla Heaven Dessert
- 1 whole Angel food Cake
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups (368 g) 2% or whole milk
- 1 cup (238 g) heavy cream
- Cut angel food cake into cubes. (This was by far the most time-consuming part of the entire recipe. Take your time and use a good serrated knife!)
- In a large bowl combine vanilla pudding, milk, and heavy cream. Using a hand-held mixer, beat on medium-high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
Assemble the Dessert
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange ½ of the angel food cake cubes in a layer.
- Drop half of the cherry pie filling over top of the angel food cake cubes.
- Spoon vanilla pudding over the filling and spread evenly.
- Arrange the other half of the angel food cake cubes on top of the vanilla pudding layer.
- Carefully spread the remaining cherry pie filling over the angel food cake cubes.
- Top it off with the whipped topping and slivered almonds (optional).
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Serve cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.