I am a sucker for a good brownie recipe. I like consistently good brownies. I like it to have a flaky crust. I like it chewy inside. I like to taste the chocolate. I wanted the best homemade BROWNIE RECIPE and this is it! I use this recipe in my Brownie Cookies and Cookie Dough Brownie Cake!
What is Brownie Mix?
When it comes to baking I also love convenience. And being able to dump stuff in a bowl and make magic. So this is my attempt to capture the ease of a box brownie mix but without the other icky stuff.
Homemade Brownie Mix Uses
This recipe tastes amazing and easily lends itself to adaptations. For instance, you can add any sort of chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, M&M’s, Nutella, etc. You can also easily double the recipe or pair the brownie mix with frosting.
One thing to note, this brownie mix recipe is not huge. It yields 9 brownies. (Most people don’t have five kids like me and prefer “normal” size pan of brownies.)
Another bonus? There are only three “wet” ingredients.
Butter, eggs, and vanilla.
And the brownie recipe can be made in one bowl too.
How awesome is that?
These BROWNIES ARE AMAZING folks!
Optional Add-Ins for Brownies
Morsels – milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, you name it! I use about 1/2 – 3/4 cup total
Nuts – again, any you prefer. About 3/4 cup works perfect
Nutella – drizzle it on the brownie batter in the pan and swirl if you want it fancy!
Oreos or other cookies – rough chop and add about 1 cup to batter
You can get really creative! 🙂
I think these brownies are really good, but I especially loved them when paired with a sweet or tart fruit such as raspberries.
And stacked in a pile of three and covered in chocolate sauce.
That’s just how I roll folks. That’s just how I roll.
Here is the perfect chocolate frosting made just for these brownies! My secret ingredient is the perfect complement to the perfect homemade brownie recipe.
Did you happen to see this?
To make this brownie I used the same recipe above then added chocolate chips to the recipe as well as a couple on top after I took them out of the oven.
Here is my BIG SECRET DON’T TELL ANYONE TIP: Remove them 5-10 before they are done. This is not recommended if you are opposed to eating brownie batter!! But if you love ooey gooey chocolate brownie amazingness then it is worth trying. 🙂
Homemade Brownie Mix
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- ½ cup (64g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (113g) butter, melted, then cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon McCormick vanilla
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Place into a jar or airtight container.
- On a gift tag or label write the wet ingredients and quantities and then directions. "Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with the vanilla. Add in and gently stir dry ingredients. Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated. Spread batter in a prepared 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees."
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Check out these other great homemade treats: