I am a sucker for all things Neapolitan. And this Neapolitan Dessert is a perfect way to enjoy that famous strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla combination! If you love desserts, don’t miss my Piggy Pie Dessert! Better yet, how about some creamy delicious Cheesecake?
I have made 11 pans of bars in the last week. But these… well. I think it’s safe to say that these are my favorite.
- Oreo crust
- Creamy strawberry filling
- Vanilla whipped cream
Um, yeah. It’s good.
What is a Neapolitan Dessert?
This recipe is delicious if you love all the flavors included, but what does it taste like? The strawberry layer is similar to jello in consistency, smooth and creamy. The dark chocolate layer is a sharp contrast to the subtle strawberries, and the whipped cream is just plain awesome. Who doesn’t love piles of whipped cream?
Homemade Whipped Cream
For an extra fun twist, pipe out some whipped cream dollops around the top of your dessert! I like a 1M tip and my homemade whipped cream recipe.
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
In the clean bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
The bars rest on a bed of Oreo crust deliciousness. And can I just tell you, I have the BEST little tip on how to get perfect Oreo crust. I use Oreo PIE crust! No food processor. No endless hours of separating oreo cream from cookie to only end up in my belly anyway.
Simple. Easy. Awesome.
For this recipe, I used 2 packages. I prefer a nice, thick crust!
How to Halve This Neapolitan Dessert Recipe
If you want to half the recipe you sure can! Just use an 8×8 pan and only one package of Oreo Pie Crust.
I also kept the bars chilled while not being served. When left out at room temperature the strawberry filling was a little soft for my liking.
A fun way to enjoy strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla!
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, (about 2 cups after emulsified)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- food coloring if desired
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) Oreo prepackaged pie crust
- In blender or food processor, puree strawberries and water until smooth. Add in eggs, Sweetened Condensed Milk and salt. Blend until very smooth. (add food coloring now if desired)
- Line 9x13 pan with a layer of parchment paper.
Spread Oreo crust (crumbs) on the bottom of the pan. (I used two packages which equal 12 ounces) Pour 4 tablespoons melted butter over crumbs and flatten. Put the pan in freezer to set crumbs. After about 15 minutes, you can remove from freezer and pour Strawberry filling over crumbs.
- Place bars into 350°F oven for 25 minutes. Keep an eye on them, you do not want the strawberry filling to turn brown on top.
- Remove from oven and chill for a few hours before serving. When ready to serve prepare whipped cream or some Cool Whip and pipe with 1M tip.
**See more of my Neapolitan Obsession here!**