Rainbow Chip Brownies are an ooey-gooey chocolate brownie topped with a chocolate ganache and sprinkled with colorful rainbow chips! If you love brownies, be sure to try my most popular brownie recipe ever… Homemade Brownie Mix!
Rainbow Chip Brownies
Rainbow Chip Brownies are colorful enough to brighten your day and bring a smile to your face! Then, once you taste this chocolate treat, your day will be made! They remind me of the Cosmic Brownies that were always a great birthday treat to share. The only problem was that some of the Cosmic Brownies never had enough sprinkles😊. In these brownies, you can add as many of those colorful chips as you want!
Rainbow Chip Brownies Recipe
It all starts with the perfect brownie recipe for these Rainbow Chip Brownies. Once the brownies have been baked to perfection, it’s about the chocolate ganache and all-important rainbow chips. Seriously, just thinking about the colorful sprinkles brings a smile to my face.
- All-purpose flour
- Dark cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Eggs–Out of eggs? No problem. Try one of my Egg Substitutes for this recipe!
- Granulated sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Milk chocolate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Rainbow chip sprinkles
How to Make Rainbow Chip Brownies
The first thing you need to make for Rainbow Chip Brownies are the brownies. Makes sense! When I am making brownies in a 9×13 pan this is my go-to recipe. It is thick and rich and always comes out perfect, no matter what. Use a prepared (spray with non-stick spray or use GOOP) 9×13 pan. Once you have the brownies made, be sure to let them cool before you layer on the chocolate ganache and rainbow sprinkles.
PRO TIP: Feel free to use Chocolate Buttercream instead of ganache… it’s an entirely different and fun experience!
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Ganache is so easy to make, and it is the topping that covers these delicious brownies and holds the rainbow sprinkles. I made this ganache a little differently than the original recipe that I linked, but both would work. I just wanted more chocolate so I used two types of chocolate in this ganache.
- After the brownies have cooled, simply melt the chocolate, whipping cream, and butter in the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds. Continue to do this until all the chocolate has been melted.
- Next, spread the chocolate ganache over the brownies.
Then, the fun part…sprinkle the rainbow chips all over the top of the brownies. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the ganache to set. Put the pan of brownies in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour before cutting into them. I know, I know…waiting is the hardest part😉. After you have waited patiently, enjoy this chocolate treat. Add some ice cream to jazz it up even more!
How to Store Rainbow Chip Brownies
Brownies should be stored in an air-tight container. They will last 1-2 days at room temperature. They may last a day or two longer if you store them in the refrigerator. In both cases, keep them in that air-tight container. If you want to freeze the brownies, do not cut them. Simply wrap the cooled brownies in plastic wrap. Then, wrap them up again in aluminum foil. Store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking for More Brownie Recipes?
Rainbow Chip Brownies
- 1½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (42g) dark cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks or 170g) butter, softened or room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (119g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ cup rainbow chip sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray or GOOP.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer off, add in the flour mixture. Turn mixer on low and mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour brownies into a prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F. Brownies are done when an inserted toothpick is removed with crumbs but not wet batter.
- To make the chocolate ganache, melt the chopped chocolate, cream, and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- After the brownies are cooled, pour the chocolate ganache over the brownies.
- Sprinkle the rainbow chips over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until the chocolate is set.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Five stars cause they just taste Devine . I just had to let them bake about 10 minutes more.
My name is Carol and Im all the way from South Africa Capetown.
I want to thank you for your recipes. I find it so easy to bake. All the best for the future.
Carol Erasmus ❤️🌹
This looks delicious! Will be making the ganache. Where do you find your rainbow chips?
Hi, Desiree! I work with iambaker and am happy to help with questions. We found the rainbow baking chips at our local grocery store. Have a great day!