S’mores Dip is a warm, ooey-gooey, chocolatey dip made with melted chocolate chips that are topped with marshmallows and toasted in the oven. Try my Booty Dip and Apple Toffee Dip for more delicious dips that pair well with graham crackers.
When you can’t build a campfire to make s’mores, this dip is the next best thing! You will still get the ooey-gooey chocolate with toasted marshmallows in every bite. Take a graham cracker and dip in to enjoy all the flavors of traditional s’mores.
With just a few simple ingredients and an oven-safe skillet, you can get this dip made and served!
Chocolate: I chose to use semisweet chocolate chips because I like darker chocolate. However, you could use milk chocolate chips or a combination of both!
Marshmallows: In the recipe, I call for a 10-ounce bag of regular-sized marshmallows. You will not use all of the marshmallows in the bag, only about 16 of them, for this recipe. If you use a larger or smaller skillet, you will need to adjust the number of marshmallows used.
Can You Make S’mores Dip in the Microwave?
Absolutely! I recommend cutting the recipe in half.
Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips into a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir well and return to the microwave. Check it every 20 seconds and then remove it when the chips are *almost* melted. Stir again, the chips will continue to melt and it should be smooth. Add a layer of mini marshmallows to the top and put them back into the microwave for about 10-15 seconds – keep an eye on them! The marshmallows will expand, and that is good! Remove from the microwave. You can either serve it like that or stir it to create a swirl. Dip some graham crackers in and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups (504 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag (10 ounces) large marshmallows, you will use 16 marshmallows, cut in half
- graham crackers, broken into individual pieces for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 9-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chocolate chips and salt and mix well until the chocolate is melted.
- Top with the marshmallow halves and bake 5-7 minutes, or until the marshmallows are slightly toasted.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.